Golf. Didn’t get this edition out yesterday because I spent the afternoon at the News Sentinel Open. Had the chance to see two hole in one’s on the 196 yard par 3 on 16 at Fox Den. We also saw a pro shank one in the water which is more my style. Here’s the second round wrap up.
Music. If you’re a Wilco fan (or not) check out this great concert put on for KEXP, the other 90.3 in Seattle. KEXP’s youtube channel has tons of fantastic artist playing great music. Last fall we were at Bristol Rhythm and Roots Reunion and happened to see Jeff Tweedy (@jefftweedy) and he was fantastic. Please post your favorite music related YouTube channel in the comments section.
Knoxville Restaurants. In case you missed it, I was interviewed by our reporter/broker in residence Josh Flory (@joshdflory) about the Knoxville restaurant scene in Knox Bricks and Mortar.
Boy Scouts. My troop, Troop 6 in Knoxville, TN, is turning 100 this year. It’s been an honor to be a part of this group and reconnecting with old friends to put together our anniversary event later this August. Here’s the New Sentinel article about Troop 6: “Boy Scout Troop 6 celebrates its 100th anniversary” (Knoxville News Sentinel)
Fantasy Football. If you’re one of the 40 million+ people that are getting ready for your fantasy football draft, I’d recommend Football Guys. You can input all of your league rules and they’ll put together a customized cheat sheet for your draft. Additionally, Football Guys was started by Joe Bryant (@joe_bryant) who’s based out of Knoxville, TN!
Other Great Commercial Real Estate, Business and Productivity Articles:
- How to Free Yourself from the Tyranny of Email (Success)
- The best state and city for small businesses are… (MarketWatch) – guess who made the top five?
- Where are US Consumers Spending Their Money? (BisNow) – Hint: it’s not at department stores.
- Why Americans Waiting Longer than Ever to Buy First Homes (YahooFinance) – maybe millennial’s expectations aren’t realistic.
- Uber’s Latest Update Places Food Delivery Front and Center (FastCompany) – “The Uber for…” is going to be the next “i______.”
- Why I’m Optimistic about CRE for the Next Few Years (NREI) – It’s a sellers market! Hoping folks remember what we just went through…